Mason Greenwood has been linked with a shock move to Albania, it has been claimed.
On Monday it was agreed that Manchester United forward Mason Greenwood will leave the club by mutual agreement after a six-month internal investigation into his conduct.
The forward was arrested in January 2022 following allegations surrounding material which was published online. However, Charges against the England international, including attempted rape and assault, were dropped on 2 February 2023.
United said in a statement that Greenwood’s future would lie elsewhere, due to “the difficulties with him recommencing his career” at Old Trafford.
Moreover, Greenwood said in his own statement that he accepted he had "made mistakes" and took his "share of responsibility", but added: "I did not do the things I was accused of."
The 21-year-old has since been linked to a number of clubs on the continent and in Saudi Arabia as he looks to reignite his once-promising career.
And TalkSPORT have now claimed an unnamed Albanian team, likely from the country’s premier division, the Kategoria Superiore, have registered their interest in Greenwood.
On August 16 The Athletic reported that United staff had been told to prepare for the potential return of Greenwood to the first-team fold.
However, five days later a club statement read: "Manchester United has concluded its internal investigation into the allegations made against Mason Greenwood.
"Our process commenced in February 2023, following all charges against Mason being dropped.
"Throughout, we have taken into account the wishes, rights and perspective of the alleged victim along with the club’s standards and values, and sought to collate as much information and context as possible.
"This has required us to proceed with sensitivity and care to obtain evidence not in the public domain, including from those with direct knowledge of the case.
"Based on the evidence available to us, we have concluded that the material posted online did not provide a full picture and that Mason did not commit the offences in respect of which he was originally charged.
"That said, as Mason publicly acknowledges today, he has made mistakes which he is taking responsibility for.
"All those involved, including Mason, recognise the difficulties with him recommencing his career at Manchester United.
"It has therefore been mutually agreed that it would be most appropriate for him to do so away from Old Trafford, and we will now work with Mason to achieve that outcome."