Antony seen heading into a Manchester police station before facing questioning

Antony seen heading into a Manchester police station before facing questioning

Antony reportedly faced five hours of questioning at a Manchester police station over allegations of domestic abuse, made by his former lover Gabriela Cavallin.

The 23-year-old Brazilian was seen being escorted into the police station by a member of Manchester United security at around 4pm on Thursday afternoon.

He and his entourage left his Cheshire mansion in a blacked out Mercedes to go to the police station, where the Sun have reported that he faced five hours of questioning.

It has been claimed Antony - who has denied any wrongdoing - contacted Greater Manchester Police (GMP) and volunteered to meet them for questioning after also speaking to police during his time in Brazil.

The Brazilian winger was granted a leave of absence by the Premier League club earlier this month to fight allegations made by ex-girlfriend Gabriella Cavallin and two other women.

Antony, who joined Man United for £85m in the summer of 2022, was accused of headbutting and punching Cavallin - allegedly damaging a breast implant in doing so.

While Cavallin has accused him of assaulting her on four occasions, two more women - law student Rayssa de Freitas and banker Ingrid Lana - have also come forward in Brazil to make similar claims of aggressive behaviour.

There were reports earlier this month though that the case from De Freitas had been withdrawn at her request.

Antony was seen earlier this week travelling with a suitcase and two smaller cabin bags at Sao Paolo airport on his way back to the UK.

Though Manchester United have given him a leave of absence, he has not been suspended by the Red Devils.

After the winger was dropped from Brazil's national team squad ahead of the September international break, he gave a tearful television interview denying the allegations.

'I know the truth and it will come out,' he said. 'I’m 100 per cent sure I never touched a woman and I’ll come up with the evidence. I’m sure I’ve never committed physical violence.'

Antony also issued a statement in the wake of the allegations earlier this month, which read: ‘I have agreed with Manchester United to take a period of absence while I address the allegations made against me.

‘This was a mutual decision to avoid distraction to my teammates and unnecessary controversy for the club.

‘I want to reiterate my innocence of the things I have been accused of, and I will fully cooperate with the police to help them reach the truth. I look forward to returning to play as soon as possible.’
Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url