'Simply monstrous!' - Erling Haaland earns PERFECT 10/10 score from L'Equipe after goalscoring rampage against RB Leipzig
Manchester City striker Erling Haaland has earned a rare 10/10 perfect score from French newspaper L’Equipe after his goalscoring rampage against RB Leipzig.
Pep Guardiola’s men punched their ticket to the Champions League quarter-finals in stunning fashion with a 7-1 steamrolling of Leipzig in their second-leg last-16 clash.
Haaland, who has been widely hailed for his sensational impact in England in his debut season, stole the show on Tuesday evening with a scintillating performance.
The 22-year-old Norwegian striker fired City into a first-half lead from the spot-kick before completing his brace minutes later at the Etihad.
Haaland completed his hat-trick before half-time, with the City striker scoring a further two times early in the second half.
However, the Norway international was denied a double hat-trick against RB Leipzig after City boss Guardiola withdrew him in the 63rd minute for Julian Alvarez.
Le Soir now reports that Haaland has secured himself a 10/10 perfect score from L’Equipe for the second time, making him only the third player to reach such a feat.
“His performance is simply monstrous. Haaland is an alien who is having a stellar season at City,” L’Equipe wrote.
“He wrote history against Leipzig with his five goals. Only Lionel Messi and Luiz Adriano have made it to the Champions League.”
Haaland previously scored a 10/10 score from L’Equipe after scoring a sensational hat-trick against City’s crosstown rivals Manchester United in a 6-3 win.
ERLING HAALAND SCORES FIVE! 🖐️#UCL pic.twitter.com/MjuBYCO2KN— Football on BT Sport (@btsportfootball) March 14, 2023
The former Borussia Dortmund striker, Nantes shot-stopper Alban Lafont and Barcelona legend Lionel Messi are the only players in history to score two 10/10 scores from L’Equipe.
Posted below are previous 10/10 scores awarded by L’Equipe.
- Alban Lafont: Nantes vs PSG (3-1, 2022)
- Dusan Tadic: Real Madrid vs Ajax (4-1, 2019)
- Oleg Salenko: Russia vs Cameroon (6-1, 1994)
- Lucas Moura: Ajax vs Tottenham (2-3, 2019)
- Erling Haaland: Manchester City vs Manchester United (6-3, 2022)
- Franck Sauzee and Bruno Martini: France U21s vs Greece U21s (3-0, 1988)
- Alban Lafont: Nantes vs Paris Saint-Germain (3-1, 2022)
- Lars Windfeld: Aarhus vs Nantes (1-0, 1997)
- Lionel Messi: Barcelona vs Arsenal (4-1, 2010)
- Lionel Messi: Barcelona vs Bayer Leverkusen (7-1, 2012)
- Robert Lewandowski: Borussia Dortmund vs Real Madrid (4-1, 2013)
- Carlos Eduardo: Guingamp vs Nice (2-7, 2014)
- Neymar: Paris Saint-Germain vs Dijon (8-0, 2018)
- Serge Gnabry: Bayern Munich vs Tottenham (7-2, 2019)
- Kylian Mbappe: France vs Kazakhstan (8-0, 2021)