Bundesliga prize money for winners – distribution & breakdown table for each positions and champions 2024
Bundesliga prize money for winners? Want to know the Bundesliga prize money breakdown and distribution table 2024? German Bundesliga Prize money for winners? How much will Borussia Dortmund, Bayer Leverkusen, Bayern München, Borussia Mönchengladbach, VfL Wolfsburg and 1. FC Köln get in prize money?
Germany Bundesliga has announced a massive TV rights deal for the 4 year period from 2020-21 season to 2024-25 season where Bundesliga will earn as much as €4.64 billion (£3.6bn) in domestic TV rights deal.
The news was confirmed by German FA on Thursday and that will make Bundesliga second most lucrative football league only behind English Premier League.
The new deal see 85% increase in the total package from the last 4 year where total package was around €2.51 billion both domestic and overseas rights combined.
While looking at the new deal overseas package the total package from both Domestic and overseas deal might reach around €5.5 billion and that will ensure German clubs will get a massive increase in yearly TV revenue.
According to early estimates around €1.5 billion will distributed among teams in the German top 2 divisions every year.
This is how much money will be generated with new 4-year deal (2021-2025)
|TV Rights Deals
|4 years (starting from 2021-22 season to 2024-25 season)
|Domestic TV Rights
|€4.64 billion (£3.6bn) – Confirmed
|Overseas TV Rights
|€1 billion is expected from the oversees deal (yet to be announced)
|% increase from last 4-year deal
|The new deal sees an 85% increase in the domestic TV rights money taking it to a massive €4.64 billion compared to just €2.51 billion from the last deal.
|€4.4 billion will be divided into 4 parts and that takes a yearly TV money pool distributed to 18 clubs of around €1.4 billion a year.
|65% of the yearly pool is divided equally while the other 35% is divided according to league positions in the last 5 years.
Bundesliga Prize Money for Winners 2024: Distribution Breakdown & Table for Each Positions and Champions
Search Description: How much will the winner of the Bundesliga get in prize money in 2024? This blog post breaks down the Bundesliga prize money distribution system and table for each position, including the champions. Find out how much Borussia Dortmund, Bayer Leverkusen, Bayern München, Borussia Mönchengladbach, VfL Wolfsburg, and 1. FC Köln will earn in prize money.
The Bundesliga is one of the most popular and exciting football leagues in the world. And with good reason! The competition is fierce, the stadiums are packed, and the players are some of the best in the world. But what about the prize money? How much do the teams in the Bundesliga stand to win?
In this blog post, we will take a look at the Bundesliga prize money distribution system for the 2023/24 season. We will also break down the prize money table for each position, including the champions. So, if you're curious about how much the Bundesliga's top teams can earn, read on!
Bundesliga Prize Money Distribution System (in summary)
The Bundesliga prize money distribution system is relatively simple compared to other top European leagues. It is based on two main factors:
- Equal share: 65% of the prize money is distributed equally among all 18 teams in the Bundesliga. This means that each team receives the same amount of money, regardless of their league position.
- Performance-based: 35% of the prize money is distributed based on the teams' performance in the past five years. This means that teams that have finished higher in the table in recent seasons will receive more money.
Bundesliga Prize Money Table 2023/24
|Prize Money (€ million)
|1. FC Köln